Our course has been accredited via the Recovery Coaching Foundation and we subscribe to their Code of Ethics this brings safety and professionalism to the industry, as well as being guided by their Recovery Coaching Principles. Below is an outline of the certification process which has been tailored to the cultural and demographics of the South African environment.
Course Graduation entails:
- 3-Module live coach training – three weekend training courses over a period of three to four months with experiential training and theory introduction.
- 60 hours of practical coaching – 40 hours of coaching clients 20 hours of being coached. This includes 2 supervision/coaching sessions with both facilitators. Once students have graduated we further hold them to accomplish: 40 hours paid coaching at a minimum of R100 per session. On accumulating 100 hours of coaching, the client will then move their price up to R350.00 per session. This is to integrate an experience of a sustainable business model, creating a standard in the marketplace and supporting the growth of this niche.
- Case Study – After Module 2, students will expand their coaches to include those outside their colleagues in the course. The case study comprises of a written evaluation & feedback on 4 – 6 sessions with a single client which will be assessed prior to certification. The Case Study will involve someone outside of the course who is using a coaching relationship to support their recovery in an area.
- Write-up of self-reflection – throughout the process of growing as a coach which will be submitted as part of the assessment & certification process.
- Open-Book Exam – where students reflect on their understanding of the various tools presented and how they can be used in a coaching relationship. The exam is an facilitated by the U-Act Professional Coaching Body.
- International Certification can be pursued following the training. The certified U-Act coach is required to complete 100 hours of post-certification coaching and is then eligible to start the examination & certification process with the IRWCCB. Specialised further training options are also available through the FRC Academy.