U-ACT runs an in-person Recovery Coach Training school in South Africa. U-ACT is the only programme with a pathway to International Certification to teach a ground-breaking approach to recovery, “The Recovery Coaching Model” in a highly interactive course. Proven whole-life coaching approach enables people to achieve success and fulfilment in their work and life through a powerful coach/client alliance that promotes and enhances the lifelong process of learning.
What does the U-Act Academy course include?
- Exploring recovery perspectives for drug abuse, mental health and co-occurring conditions.
- Identifying diverse & varied pathways to recovery.
- Examining the roles & responsibilities of a Recovery Coach, including ethics & boundaries.
- Practicing coaching, motivational interviewing techniques & facilitation skills.
- Learning & practicing how to open & close a coaching meeting, by creating a container, contracting & checking in.
- Gaining familiarity with recovery planning tools & coaching templates.
- Experiencing coaching & developing a personal & professional plan.
- Gaining knowledge & understanding of recovery resources.
- Exploring wellness & recovery perspectives, and the development of #RecoveryCapital.
Introduction to Recovery Coaching | A Workshop
This is a one- or tw0-day workshop aimed at treatment professionals or people that have an understanding of the coaching process. Delegates will get an understanding of the Coaching Intervention, the systemic perspective of the coaching relationship and how the coaching conversation can and does enhance the recovery process.
How one can incorporate coaching skills into their existing coaching practice or how coaching can be a useful supplementary tool for healthcare professionals in assisting them with their clients general life problems and referring them to other professionals, where appropriate and in helping them reintegrate into ordinary life after attending a treatment programme or process.or in motivating them into a treatment facility or process suitable for their individual needs
Recovery Coach Training
Certification is important for the profession and because of this we have tailored a 3 Module training and certification process. Each module is carried out over a 3 day period with follow up coaching, training and practical assignments.
To find out more about the certification process click here.