Our Mission is to TRAIN, EMPOWER & TREAT…
individuals, families, groups, organisations & communities challenged by substance abuse & addictive behaviour disorders.
- We help save lives of those struggling within South Africa and abroad suffering from substance use disorders.
- We promote the treatment of people with substance abuse, psychological and psychiatric challenges.
- We strive to break the stigma of substance abuse disorders and mental health conditions.
- We help heal families through support groups that put an end to isolation and offer understanding instead of disapproval.
- We train recovery and peer coaches to create solutions-focused recovery programmes.
- We empower communities through support, education and training that promotes sustainable recovery and wellness.
- We educate organisations about how to treat and integrate people with psychological and drug issues.
- We help stop crime because a high percentage of crime is closely associated with substance abuse, addiction and intoxication.
- We save the state’s taxpayers’ millions Rands by assisting South Africans in adopting informed and consistent pro-recovery policies and funding priorities.
Be Part of the Solution
U-ACT’s Training Programmes
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
U-ACT is a Section 18(A) Trust that offers in-person and online Recovery Coaching & Training. U-ACT is the only programme with an assessment and certification pathway to teach a ground-breaking approach to recovery, “The Integrated, Systemic Recovery Coaching Model” in highly interactive courses. The proven whole-life coaching approach enables people to achieve success and fulfillment in their work and life through a powerful coach/client alliance that promotes and enhances the lifelong process of learning.
The U-ACT training process happens organically from a place of authentic being, listening and encouragement, to uncover the best in oneself and others. The training choices start with the 16-hour Peer Recovery Specialist certification which is an online and live training programme. We also offer a 42-hour accredited, Professional Recovery Coach certification and opportunities for facilitation training. A certified Business Coach programme is also available.
Uniquely, at U-ACT, the experiential learning process begins from day one in small groups of students who interact one on one with clients and group processes. The training is of a high international standard with schools being built across the globe, including South Africa, Botswana, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, The UK and The USA. These schools are international partner organisations accredited by the ICR.
The U-ACT Trust is proud to be partnering with these recovery organisations & advocates
Creating #recoverycapital in families, teams, organisations & communities