Who is the training aimed at?
Recovery Coaching is about:
- Rebuilding #RecoveryCapital in the physical, mental, emotional, social & spiritual areas of life.
- Developing a personalised recovery plan in line with unique goals, dreams & aspirations.
- Setting realisable, long-term goals and developing short-term action plans to achieve them within predetermined time frames.
- Identifying harmful triggers that could result in lapse or relapse, and learning to deal with these issues in daily life with the use of forward-focused and solutions-driven tools and techniques.
- Learning about the physiological and neurological elements of substance and behavioural abuse disorders, and what the major causes of addiction.
- Understanding and challenging faulty, habitual thought patterns & behaviours, and replacing them with improved ways of dealing with potentially difficult situations.
- Establishing realistic, personal boundaries to build strong, interdependent relationships within one’s personal and professional life.
- Finding the answers to our personal truth and living an empowered, authentic life.
- Working in a collaborative, accountable relationship with the client to achieve a more balanced, holistic approach to long-term wellness.
- Creating a safe space to explore possibilities and the availability of personal and community resources to aid sustained recovery.